• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
    • Editorial Standards
    • Methodology & Sources
  • Briefings
    • Weekly
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Middle East & North Africa
    • Russia & Eurasia
  • Themes
    • Energy & Reources
    • Intelligence & Security
    • Economics & Sanctions
    • Foreign Relations & Diplomacy
    • Cyber & Disinformation
  • Video
  • Aggregated
    • RT
    • Opinion
    • News
    • Geopolitics
    • Politics
    • Business
    • World
No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home Aggregated RT

Pentagon accused of ‘endless stalling’ over Iran school bombing

by Admin
May 20, 2026
in RT, World
0
Pentagon accused of ‘endless stalling’ over Iran school bombing
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: May 20, 2026 11:47 am
Author: RT

Top lawmaker Adam Smith has pressed US Central Command chief Brad Cooper to acknowledge what he called “obvious” US culpability

The Pentagon has once again refused to admit responsibility for a strike on an Iranian school that killed more than 170 people, most of them children, despite pressure from US lawmakers.

The Shajareh Tayyebeh elementary school in southern Iran was hit on February 28, the first day of the US-Israeli bombing campaign against the Islamic Republic. According to Iranian officials, 175 people were killed, most of them children.

US officials initially offered conflicting explanations, with President Donald Trump even suggesting the strike was “done by Iran.” Investigations by media outlets and analysts later concluded that the school was likely hit by a US-made missile.

An internal military probe reportedly found US forces likely used “outdated targeting data” that misidentified the school as part of a nearby Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps naval base. The Pentagon later elevated the investigation but has since only said that it is ongoing.

Read more

A tribute to the victims of the Minab school bombing in Tehran, Iran, March 28, 2026.
New disturbing footage of US strike on Iranian school released (VIDEO)

At a House Armed Services Committee hearing on Tuesday, lawmakers pressed Admiral Brad Cooper, the head of US Central Command, to acknowledge US responsibility and disclose the preliminary findings.

“It’s been 80 days or thereabouts since the initial bombing campaign that struck the girls’ school. It’s really pretty clear what happened there,” Representative Adam Smith, the top Democrat on the committee, said.

He accused the Pentagon of “endless stalling,” noting that it previously moved much faster to acknowledge “these types of mistakes” even before completing formal probes.

“Can you at this moment acknowledge that that mistake was made and that we were responsible for it?” Smith asked Cooper, who replied that “the US does not deliberately target civilians” and reiterated that the investigation is ongoing.

Read more

An Iranian schoolboy salutes before portraits of children killed in the Minab airstrike, alongside images of late Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and his successor, Mojtaba Khamenei, Tehran, April 1, 2026.
Iran accuses US and Israel of genocide

“So that’s a no? We will not take responsibility for something we very obviously did?” Smith said.

Cooper deflected, saying “it’s a complex investigation” and claiming that the school was located “on an active IRGC cruise missile base,” while promising lawmakers a report once the probe is complete.

Archived copies of the school’s official website, however, indicate that the school was adjacent to – not inside – the military compound and separated from it by a fence visible in satellite imagery. Reacting to Cooper’s remarks, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei called his claims “an appalling lie.”

“This shameless distortion is a clear attempt to obscure the severe reality,” he wrote on X on Wednesday, calling for accountability and describing the strike as “a grave violation of international humanitarian law” and “a clear war crime.”

The claim by U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) that the targeted #Shajareh_Tayyebeh Elementary School in #Minab was located within a “missile launch facility” is a baseless fabrication and an appalling lie.

This shameless distortion is a clear attempt to obscure the severe…

— Esmaeil Baqaei (@IRIMFA_SPOX) May 19, 2026

The tragedy sparked international outrage. Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova accused the US of “cruelty, cynicism, and dehumanization.” Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni and Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez expressed solidarity with the victims of the “massacre.”


READ MORE: Senate advances bill to limit Trump’s Iran war powers

While active fighting paused under a fragile April ceasefire, US-Iran negotiations on a broader peace deal remain deadlocked. Trump has dismissed Iran’s latest proposals and again threatened to resume strikes unless Tehran accepts US terms.

“We may have to give Iran another big hit… I’m saying two or three days, maybe Friday, Saturday, Sunday, something, maybe early next week, a limited period of time, because we can’t let them have a new nuclear weapon,” he told reporters on Tuesday.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

Moscow and Beijing deepening ‘people-to-people’ ties

Next Post

BREAKING: Trump Warns Taiwan – Bombshell War Update (Gold Could Soar)!

Admin

Admin

Next Post
BREAKING: Trump Warns Taiwan – Bombshell War Update (Gold Could Soar)!

BREAKING: Trump Warns Taiwan – Bombshell War Update (Gold Could Soar)!

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

Paul Mason instigated GCHQ targeting of The Grayzone’s Kit Klarenberg, leaks reveal

March 23, 2026

Trump White House plagiarized Iran war manifesto from Israel-aligned think tank

March 21, 2026

Drugs, sexual blackmail: shocking confession letter exposes Israel’s Red Crescent spy ring

March 26, 2026
Iranian drone intercepted over Dubai UAE March 2026 Operation Epic Fury

The Hopper Daily Brief — March 3, 2026 — Iran Escalates Against Gulf Targets

2
Smoke rising over Manama Bahrain near U.S. Fifth Fleet headquarters following Iranian missile strike February 2026

Bahrain’s Shia Majority Threatens the U.S. Navy’s Most Critical Gulf Command Node

2
Oil tankers idle in Persian Gulf and Trump demands Iran unconditional surrender — week of March 1–7, 2026 Hopper Weekly Brief

The Hopper Weekly Brief — Week 10, March 1-7, 2026

2

The Crumbling Pillars of Global Peace

May 21, 2026
Germany considering paying Syrians $9,300 to return home – media

Germany considering paying Syrians $9,300 to return home – media

May 21, 2026
Samsung dodges global AI chip shock

Samsung dodges global AI chip shock

May 21, 2026
thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
    • Editorial Standards
    • Methodology & Sources
  • Briefings
    • Weekly
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Middle East & North Africa
    • Russia & Eurasia
  • Themes
    • Energy & Reources
    • Intelligence & Security
    • Economics & Sanctions
    • Foreign Relations & Diplomacy
    • Cyber & Disinformation
  • Video
  • Aggregated
    • RT
    • Opinion
    • News
    • Geopolitics
    • Politics
    • Business
    • World

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.