• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World

    NATO country to scrap swastika – media

    Made in China, sold worldwide: How Beijing is quietly arming 44 countries

    Made in China, sold worldwide: How Beijing is quietly arming 44 countries

    WATCH Russian naval drone take out Ukrainian warship

    WATCH Russian naval drone take out Ukrainian warship

    US tells Denmark to ‘calm down’ over Greenland

    US tells Denmark to ‘calm down’ over Greenland

    Young Ukrainians rushing to leave the country – border official (VIDEO)

    EU mulling ‘neutral’ countries for potential Ukraine ceasefire role – Politico

    EU mulling ‘neutral’ countries for potential Ukraine ceasefire role – Politico

    Brussels wants stronger infrastructure security after Ukraine pipeline attack

    Brussels wants stronger infrastructure security after Ukraine pipeline attack

    Exiled Moldovan politician faces extradition ahead of key election

    Exiled Moldovan politician faces extradition ahead of key election

    Ukraine conflict is “Modi’s war” – Trump aide

    Ukraine conflict is “Modi’s war” – Trump aide

    Kremlin dismisses NYT ‘hoax’

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Ukrainians who work for betting company shielded from draft – media

by Admin
May 16, 2024
in News, Politics, World
0
Ukrainians who work for betting company shielded from draft – media
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: May 16, 2024 2:15 pm
Author: RT

An internal document listing conscription exemptions has been published by an objecting MP

The Ukrainian government is giving mobilization exemptions to workers who do not appear to qualify as essential for a country at war, according to a document released by a member of parliament on Thursday, various outlets reported.

Ukrainian lawmaker Aleksandr Fedienko obtained the document produced last month by the Ministry of Economy. It names several companies whose employees are shielded from the draft. Examples include a sport betting-related concern and several businesses that have foreign owners.

The list includes ‘Favbet Tek’. FavBet is a major gambling operation in Ukraine, and the mentioned firm is believed to be providing it with IT services.

The local branch of the transnational American payment system Visa is also included, as is the Spanish-based courier service Glovo.

Another is AgriChain, an IT subsidiary of the Cyprus-registered Ukrainian agriculture giant Astarta. The Canadian holding Fairfax owns roughly a third of the latter, according to its website.

Read more

FILE PHOTO: Arnulf Damerau in 2017.
Western tycoon claims Zelensky associates trying to extort millions of euros

The list also includes an advertising agency and a single entry that seems to be defense-related – a firm making military equipment.

Fadienko, who sits on the parliamentary commission for digital transformation, said he released the document to highlight what he believes are misguided government rules for which businesses get to keep their employees. Communications companies do not get such protection and have been drained of personnel, he explained.

”They have no one to run around, doing repairs and changing batteries. The remaining workers refuse to go out, because they have no exemptions,” he said, referring to the risk of being caught by a conscription patrol on the street.

Ukraine is bracing for a radical change to its military system this month. The new rules are intended to boost mobilization rates by introducing harsh punishments for draft avoidance and imposing new responsibility on citizens to report their details to conscription offices.

The government and its Western backers claim that hundreds of thousands of people need to be drafted to relieve frontline troops. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken called the mobilization drive “a difficult decision, but a necessary one” during his visit to Kiev this week.


READ MORE: Blinken tells Ukrainians to embrace conscription

Multiple reports in Western media say the Ukrainian public is largely reluctant to heed the call to take up arms. In early May, Russia estimated that Ukrainian military losses this year alone had surpassed 111,000.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

Moscow to restrict construction of micro flats – media

Next Post

France blames ex-Soviet republic for unrest in South Pacific

Admin

Admin

Next Post
France blames ex-Soviet republic for unrest in South Pacific

France blames ex-Soviet republic for unrest in South Pacific

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.