• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, July 12, 2025
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World
    Kiev needs ceasefire by the end of 2025 –  Ukrainian spy chief

    Kiev needs ceasefire by the end of 2025 – Ukrainian spy chief

    Putin inks new policy to fight Russian language discrimination

    Putin inks new policy to fight Russian language discrimination

    Iran sets terms for resuming nuclear talks

    Iran sets terms for resuming nuclear talks

    Assassinated Ukrainian officer ran secret ‘gray units’ – NYT (VIDEO)

    Assassinated Ukrainian officer ran secret ‘gray units’ – NYT (VIDEO)

    Dmitry Trenin: Why the next world order will be armed with nukes

    Dmitry Trenin: Why the next world order will be armed with nukes

    Relations with US will never be the same – von der Leyen

    Relations with US will never be the same – von der Leyen

    EU could fine Meta $22 million per day – Reuters

    EU could fine Meta $22 million per day – Reuters

    Western European leaders dragging continent toward war with Russia – Lavrov

    Western European leaders dragging continent toward war with Russia – Lavrov

    US State Department to begin mass layoffs within days – media

    US State Department to begin mass layoffs within days – media

    Dozens of Ukrainian drones and vehicles destroyed – MOD (VIDEO)

    Dozens of Ukrainian drones and vehicles destroyed – MOD (VIDEO)

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

450,000 Palestinians flee Rafah as Israeli tanks move in

by Admin
May 14, 2024
in News, Politics, World
0
450,000 Palestinians flee Rafah as Israeli tanks move in
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: May 14, 2024 7:17 pm
Author: RT

“Nowhere is safe” in Gaza, the UN’s agency for Palestinian refugees has warned

Some 450,000 Palestinians have fled Rafah since Israel ordered more of the city evacuated on Saturday, the UN’s agency for Palestinian refugees said on Tuesday. Reports from the city suggest that Israeli forces are closing in on its densely-populated urban core.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) ordered people in the southeastern neighborhoods of Rafah to leave “immediately” on Saturday, with IDF spokesman Avichai Adraee warning that Israeli forces were preparing to strike Hamas targets there “with great force.” The IDF has now evacuated the entire eastern third of the city following a similar order given earlier this month.

In a statement on Tuesday, the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) said that 450,000 people had heeded the orders. “People face constant exhaustion, hunger and fear. Nowhere is safe,” the statement read. “An immediate cease-fire is the only hope.” 

Prior to the evacuation, Rafah hosted around 1.4 million Palestinians fleeing Israeli operations in northern and central Gaza. Despite condemnation from the US, UN, and other countries and international organizations, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered airstrikes on Rafah at the beginning of May, followed by a limited ground offensive near the city’s southern border checkpoint with Egypt.

Read more

Smoke rises after Israeli airstrikes in eastern Rafah, Gaza on May 07, 2024.
Egypt to join genocide case against Israel

IDF tanks entered the Brazil and al-Jnaina neighborhoods of eastern Rafah on Tuesday, Palestinian sources told Reuters, with one source describing “clashes” in built-up areas. The IDF said that its troops had “eliminated several armed terrorist cells in close-quarters encounters on the Gazan side of the Rafah crossing” and “eliminated a number of terrorists and located weapons” in eastern areas of the city.

Hamas said on Tuesday that its fighters had killed and wounded several Israeli troops with missiles and mines in Brazil and al-Jnaina.

It is unclear whether Netanyahu intends to press ahead with a full-scale invasion of Rafah. The US State Department has expressed doubt that the IDF is capable of completely eradicating Hamas in Gaza, and US President Joe Biden has warned that he will halt some military aid to Israel if Netanyahu carries out such an operation.

Some 35,901 Palestinians have been killed in the seven months since Israel began striking Gaza, according to the territory’s health ministry. Of that number, 24,686 have been identified, 60% of whom were women, children, and the elderly, according to the UN.

Hamas fighters killed around 1,200 Israelis during their October 7 assault on the Jewish state. Meanwhile, 272 Israeli soldiers have been killed fighting in Gaza, while another 1,674 have been injured, according to Israeli officials and media outlets.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

Israel-Hamas ceasefire talks in limbo – Doha

Next Post

US lags behind Russia in electronic warfare – ex-Pentagon official

Admin

Admin

Next Post
US lags behind Russia in electronic warfare – ex-Pentagon official

US lags behind Russia in electronic warfare – ex-Pentagon official

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.