• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World

    Zelensky launches F-bomb laden rant in Munich (VIDEO)

    2 killed in shooting at US youth hockey game (VIDEO)

    The Munich Security Conference 2026: Much hype, little substance, no hope

    The Munich Security Conference 2026: Much hype, little substance, no hope

    Pentagon considering labeling Claude AI creators ‘supply chain risk’ – Axios

    Pentagon considering labeling Claude AI creators ‘supply chain risk’ – Axios

    US-Iran talks set to resume amid rising tensions

    US-Iran talks set to resume amid rising tensions

    Germany’s break with Russia left it hooked on expensive US gas – AfD

    Germany’s break with Russia left it hooked on expensive US gas – AfD

    The war party takes Munich

    The war party takes Munich

    EU country runs out of firewood amid freeze – media

    EU country runs out of firewood amid freeze – media

    Rubio baffled by Western war cheerleaders

    Rubio baffled by Western war cheerleaders

    Orban vital for US ‘national interest’ – Rubio

    Orban vital for US ‘national interest’ – Rubio

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

EU nation willing to hunt down Ukrainian draft dodgers

by Admin
December 23, 2023
in News, Politics, World
0
EU nation willing to hunt down Ukrainian draft dodgers
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: December 23, 2023 11:48 am
Author: RT

Estonia’s interior minister said the country’s authorities will have little trouble tracking potential conscripts for Kiev

Estonia is ready to extradite Ukrainians who are fit for military duty but are reluctant to leave the Baltic state to help their homeland fight Russia, Interior Minister Lauri Laanemets said on Friday.

The minister’s comments came as Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky said earlier this month that the nation’s military had proposed mobilizing an additional 450,000-500,000 people, while several senior officials in Kiev signaled that all Ukrainian citizens should participate in the conflict in some capacity.

Ukrainian Defense Minister Rustem Umerov recently said that Kiev would call on all Ukrainian men of military age – including those residing in Western countries – to report to the country’s recruitment centers, warning of unspecified sanctions for those who fail to comply.

Estonia, where more than 7,000 Ukrainian men of mobilization age have applied for temporary protection status, has signaled it is ready to help Kiev fill its manpower shortage.

Read more

FILE PHOTO: Ukrainian presidential adviser Mikhail Podoliak
Foreign nations should kick out Ukrainian draft dodgers – Zelensky aide

“If Ukraine needs it, Estonia can handle finding this person and handing them over to Ukraine,” Laanemets said, as quoted by the broadcaster ERR, noting that the country’s authorities have a pretty good understanding of where Ukrainians live and what they do.

The minister added that he had prepared a written proposal requesting that a corresponding extradition agreement between Tallinn and Kiev to be signed.

Estonia is not the first country to approach the issue of handing over draft dodgers to Ukraine. According to the Polish daily Rzeczpospolita, Warsaw started extraditing Ukrainians of mobilization age in September, although only those who were involved in the illegal smuggling of migrants. At the time, the outlet said that to bring its men back home, Ukraine would have to issue an international arrest warrant in each specific case.

Meanwhile, Germany has been reluctant to help Ukraine in this regard, with officials in Berlin insisting that they won’t coerce people to do military service against their will.

Ukraine’s push to replenish the ranks of its military comes as its faltering counteroffensive, which has been underway since early June, has failed to gain any significant ground. Moscow has described Kiev’s losses as catastrophic, saying that it has sustained around 160,000 casualties over the past six months.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

US sanctions bar any possibility of dialogue – Russian ambassador

Next Post

Russia’s key ally to hike rates for oil transit to EU

Admin

Admin

Next Post

Russia's key ally to hike rates for oil transit to EU

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.