• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World
    US should benefit financially for any deal to last – Iran

    US should benefit financially for any deal to last – Iran

    Highlights from the Munich Security Circus

    Highlights from the Munich Security Circus

    Arson wave hits Ukrainian post offices over draft notices – CEO

    Arson wave hits Ukrainian post offices over draft notices – CEO

    North Korea honors troops who fought in Kursk (PHOTO)

    North Korea honors troops who fought in Kursk (PHOTO)

    Putin’s 2007 Munich Conference warning finally caught up with European leaders (VIDEO)

    Putin’s 2007 Munich Conference warning finally caught up with European leaders (VIDEO)

    West using Navalny poison claim to bury Epstein fallout – Moscow

    West using Navalny poison claim to bury Epstein fallout – Moscow

    Zelensky’s ex-minister charged in $100mn graft case

    Zelensky’s ex-minister charged in $100mn graft case

    UK police try to block Starmer’s questions to Mandelson over Epstein – Politico

    UK police try to block Starmer’s questions to Mandelson over Epstein – Politico

    Kremlin explains delegation shake-up for Geneva talks

    Kremlin explains delegation shake-up for Geneva talks

    Missiles in the shadow of the USSR: How Post-Soviet states built their arsenal

    Missiles in the shadow of the USSR: How Post-Soviet states built their arsenal

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Germany vows to protect Ukrainian men from Zelensky

by Admin
December 22, 2023
in News, Politics, World
0
Germany vows to protect Ukrainian men from Zelensky
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: December 22, 2023 4:18 pm
Author: RT

Another draft push is planned in Ukraine, and the country’s defense minister is targeting citizens abroad

Ukraine’s new mobilization drive will have no practical consequences for Ukrainians living in Germany, the country’s Justice Minister Marco Buschmann told the German Press Agency (DPA) on Friday.

Kiev’s Defense Minister Rustem Umerov had told German newspaper Bild on Thursday that calls for people to report to recruitment centers would be sent out to all citizens of military age – including Ukrainians living abroad. He also warned that anyone who ignores the “invitations” would face sanctions, although he did not discuss the potential penalties. “It’s not a punishment to defend and serve your country. It’s an honor,” he stated.

It comes after Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky revealed earlier this week that the military had proposed drafting an additional 450,000 to 500,000 people, and planned to allocate a further 500 billion hryvnias ($13.3 billion) towards the effort.

Read more

Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Aleksey Danilov attends a press conference in Kiev on November 7, 2022.
All Ukrainians must fight – security chief

Bushmann said Berlin would not “force people to do compulsory military service or military service against their will.” He explained that it was a positive thing that war refugees had been accepted into Germany via a simplified procedure and given the opportunity to work.

“I cannot imagine, as our constitution stipulates that German citizens do not have to serve in the armed forces against their will, that we can force people from other countries to do so,” he concluded.

More than 221,000 Ukrainian men arrived in Germany after the conflict broke out, with almost 190,000 of them still in the country, according to German authorities.

Ukraine announced a general mobilization shortly after the beginning of the conflict with Russia in February 2022, prohibiting most men aged between 18 to 60 from leaving the country.


READ MORE: Ukraine tells draft dodgers to return home and fight

Kiev has signaled plans to expand recruitment drives for more soldiers amid its stalled counteroffensive, which has failed to show any substantial results since its start in early summer.

Moscow’s Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu, speaking at a ministerial meeting on Tuesday, estimated Kiev’s losses during the push at 159,000 killed and wounded, and the total casualties sustained by the Armed Forces of Ukraine at 383,000.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

Biden emailed son’s business associate 54 times – Republicans

Next Post

Ukrainian military vows to boost numbers by any means

Admin

Admin

Next Post
Ukrainian military vows to boost numbers by any means

Ukrainian military vows to boost numbers by any means

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.