• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Friday, February 20, 2026
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World
    FBI to lower requirements for special agents – Reuters

    FBI to lower requirements for special agents – Reuters

    US wants India to buy Venezuelan oil – envoy

    A gesture no one asked for: Ukraine turns the Paralympics into a political circus

    Epstein estate to pay $35 million to settle sex abuse claims

    Epstein estate to pay $35 million to settle sex abuse claims

    African state cancels US-funded vaccine study

    African state cancels US-funded vaccine study

    Kremlin explains why peace treaty talks with Japan are currently ‘impossible’

    Kremlin explains why peace treaty talks with Japan are currently ‘impossible’

    Man killed preparing terrorist attack in Russian city – FSB (VIDEO)

    The fall of an empire? The Windsor’s royal arrest and its consequences

    The fall of an empire? The Windsor’s royal arrest and its consequences

    Trump launches voter-fraud crackdown – media

    Trump launches voter-fraud crackdown – media

    US advised Ukrainian anti-corruption agents on busting Zelensky ‘allies’

    US advised Ukrainian anti-corruption agents on busting Zelensky ‘allies’

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Kiev wants runaways to return from abroad and fight – defense minister

by Admin
December 21, 2023
in News, Politics, World
0
Kiev wants runaways to return from abroad and fight – defense minister
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: December 21, 2023 12:40 pm
Author: RT

All Ukrainian men of military-age who have fled abroad will be summoned to recruitment centers, Rustem Umerov has said

The Ukrainian government wants all men of fighting age who left the country after the outbreak of the conflict with Russia to return and join the military, Defense Minister Rustem Umerov has told Bild.

Earlier this week, Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky said his commanders have proposed mobilizing an additional “450,000-500,000 individuals.” 

Discussing those who have fled, Umerov stressed to Bild on Thursday that “all Ukrainian men of military age – from 25 to 60 years – are to receive invitations to report to recruitment centers of the Ukrainian Armed Forces.” 

Anyone who ignores the “invitations” will face sanctions, the defense minister warned, although he added that the details of potential penalties are still being discussed.

Umerov made clear that he has little sympathy for draft dodgers, insisting “it’s not a punishment to defend and serve your country. It’s an honor.” 

Read more

Ukraine’s President Vladimir Zelensky visit graves of Ukrainian soldier at a cemetery in Lviv.
Ukraine losing 800 troops a day – ex-NATO officer

Ukraine shut its borders for males of military age shorty after Russia launched its campaign in February 2022, although many were still able to flee abroad, mainly to EU nations.

According to Bild, 221,571 Ukrainian men arrived in Germany after the outbreak of the conflict, with 189,484 of them still in the country.

The outlet described the announcement by Umerov as “politically explosive,” warning it “could have serious consequences for hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian men living abroad.” 

Shortly after the release of Umerov’s interview, Strana.ua reported that the defense minister’s three children have obtained US passports. According to the outlet, his son and daughter were listed as Ukrainians in Umerov’s tax statement in 2020, but in 2022 they were described as American citizens. The minister’s second daughter also received a US passport soon after her birth, Strana.ua said.


READ MORE: Russia estimates total Ukrainian losses

Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu said on Tuesday that some 400,000 Ukraine troops have been killed or wounded since the start of the fighting, putting Kiev’s daily losses at around 600 men.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

EU’s Borrell admits repercussions from losing Russian energy

Next Post

NATO making Europe less stable – Moscow

Admin

Admin

Next Post
NATO making Europe less stable – Moscow

NATO making Europe less stable – Moscow

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.