• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
    • Editorial Standards
    • Methodology & Sources
  • Briefings
    • Weekly
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Middle East & North Africa
    • Russia & Eurasia
  • Themes
    • Energy & Reources
    • Intelligence & Security
    • Economics & Sanctions
    • Foreign Relations & Diplomacy
    • Cyber & Disinformation
  • Video
  • Aggregated
    • RT
    • Opinion
    • News
    • Geopolitics
    • Politics
    • Business
    • World
No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home Aggregated RT

Nigerian parents protest missing children

by Admin
August 21, 2026
in RT, World
0
Nigerian parents protest missing children
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: August 21, 2026 2:28 pm
Author: RT

Around 40 students remain unaccounted for after they were abducted from a school and nearby homes in May

Parents of children abducted in northeastern Nigeria have staged a protest demanding government action nearly 100 days after the students were taken, multiple outlets said on Friday. Around 40 children remain missing following the attack in Borno State.

Families gathered in Uba on Thursday to call on the federal government to secure the children’s release, Daily Trust reported. The abduction occurred on May 15 in Mussa, a settlement near the Sambisa Forest, an area that has for years been used by Islamist militant groups.

The attack occurred while classes were underway at Mussa Primary and Junior Secondary School in the Askira-Uba area. Senator Ali Ndume said at the time that school officials had told him 32 pupils were abducted from the school and another ten were seized from homes nearby. No group claimed responsibility for the attack.

Read more

RT
Dozens of schoolchildren abducted in Nigeria

Chinda Buba, whose child was abducted, told Reuters that they still had not seen their children and did not know where they were, adding that they were uncertain whether they were healthy or facing difficult conditions.

A police spokesperson said that the military was “on top of the situation” and referred further questions to the armed forces.

Boko Haram and its splinter group, Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), have previously targeted schools in the northeast. The region has been at the center of a longstanding Islamist insurgency, with mass abductions, including the 2014 kidnapping of more than 270 Chibok schoolgirls.

Nearly 100 days after children were abducted from Mussa community in Borno State, their families have taken to the streets of Uba, demanding urgent action. Carrying “Bring Back Our Children Mussa” placards, the parents say they will keep speaking out until the children are safely… pic.twitter.com/vbjXojCnQq

— News Central TV (@NewsCentralTV) August 20, 2026

In June, the Nigerian Army said it had rescued 360 hostages, including women and children, from a Boko Haram enclave in the state of Borno following what it described as “weeks of painstaking intelligence preparation.” According to the military, the captives were held in harsh conditions after being abducted from several communities in the region.


©  RT

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

Former Ukrainian troops tell RT why they chose to fight for Russia

Next Post

Kremlin comments on Tusk’s ‘astonishing’ Nord Stream stance

Admin

Admin

Next Post
Kremlin comments on Tusk’s ‘astonishing’ Nord Stream stance

Kremlin comments on Tusk’s ‘astonishing’ Nord Stream stance

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

Paul Mason instigated GCHQ targeting of The Grayzone’s Kit Klarenberg, leaks reveal

March 23, 2026

Trump White House plagiarized Iran war manifesto from Israel-aligned think tank

March 21, 2026

Drugs, sexual blackmail: shocking confession letter exposes Israel’s Red Crescent spy ring

March 26, 2026
Iranian drone intercepted over Dubai UAE March 2026 Operation Epic Fury

The Hopper Daily Brief — March 3, 2026 — Iran Escalates Against Gulf Targets

2
Smoke rising over Manama Bahrain near U.S. Fifth Fleet headquarters following Iranian missile strike February 2026

Bahrain’s Shia Majority Threatens the U.S. Navy’s Most Critical Gulf Command Node

2
Oil tankers idle in Persian Gulf and Trump demands Iran unconditional surrender — week of March 1–7, 2026 Hopper Weekly Brief

The Hopper Weekly Brief — Week 10, March 1-7, 2026

2

UK cinemas consider ban on Meta glasses

August 20, 2026

How the AI boom has contributed to a growing economic threat

August 20, 2026

How AI Could Hollow Out the U.S. Military

August 20, 2026
thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
    • Editorial Standards
    • Methodology & Sources
  • Briefings
    • Weekly
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Middle East & North Africa
    • Russia & Eurasia
  • Themes
    • Energy & Reources
    • Intelligence & Security
    • Economics & Sanctions
    • Foreign Relations & Diplomacy
    • Cyber & Disinformation
  • Video
  • Aggregated
    • RT
    • Opinion
    • News
    • Geopolitics
    • Politics
    • Business
    • World

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.