• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
    • Editorial Standards
    • Methodology & Sources
  • Briefings
    • Weekly
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Middle East & North Africa
    • Russia & Eurasia
  • Themes
    • Energy & Reources
    • Intelligence & Security
    • Economics & Sanctions
    • Foreign Relations & Diplomacy
    • Cyber & Disinformation
  • Video
  • Aggregated
    • RT
    • Opinion
    • News
    • Geopolitics
    • Politics
    • Business
    • World
No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home Aggregated RT

France opens probe into Jamal Khashoggi killing

by Admin
May 17, 2026
in RT, World
0
France opens probe into Jamal Khashoggi killing
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: May 17, 2026 1:22 am
Author: RT

Rights groups and a Biden-era US intelligence report alleged that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was behind the murder

France has opened an investigation into the murder of Saudi dissident Jamal Khashoggi after NGOs accused Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of complicity in the killing.

The 59-year-old journalist and Washington Post columnist was killed in 2018 while visiting the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, Turkey. His body is believed to have been dismembered and was never recovered. Saudi authorities acknowledged that Khashoggi was killed inside the consulate but insisted that rogue officials carried out the operation without authorization from the leadership.

In July 2022, Democracy for the Arab World Now (DAWN) – Khashoggi’s former organization – and Reporters Without Borders (RSF) filed a legal complaint accusing Mohammed bin Salman of complicity in torture and enforced disappearance as part of an organized group. The complaint alleged that he ordered “the murder by asphyxiation” of Khashoggi.

Read more

FILE PHOTO. US President Donald Trump.
Trump pulled plug on ‘Project Freedom’ after Saudi snub – NBC

France’s National Anti-Terrorism Prosecutor’s Office (PNAT) opposed opening the investigation, a position criticized by RSF lawyer Emmanuel Daoud as “realpolitik in the name of France’s superior economic interests so as not to anger the Saudi authorities.”

The Paris Court of Appeal has now ruled that “the possibility that these acts could be classified as crimes against humanity cannot be ruled out.”

“An investigating judge from the crimes against humanity unit will now examine the complaint,” the prosecutor’s office told AFP on Saturday.

Khashoggi once served as an adviser to the Saudi government and was close to the royal family before becoming a prominent critic of the kingdom’s leadership and relocating to the US. Saudi prosecutors said the journalist died after being forcibly restrained and injected with an overdose of drugs during what they described as a failed attempt to persuade him to return to Saudi Arabia.

A US intelligence report released by the Biden administration in 2021 concluded that Mohammed bin Salman exercised “absolute control” over the kingdom and that Saudi security organizations had approved an operation to “capture or kill” Khashoggi. Saudi Arabia rejected the assessment as “false and unacceptable.”

US President Donald Trump, however, said last year that the crown prince “knew nothing” about the plan to kill the journalist.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

Bulgaria wins Eurovision as Israel finishes second amid protests

Next Post

Intel Update – May 16 – Flashpoint

Admin

Admin

Next Post
Intel Update – May 16 – Flashpoint

Intel Update - May 16 - Flashpoint

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

Paul Mason instigated GCHQ targeting of The Grayzone’s Kit Klarenberg, leaks reveal

March 23, 2026

Trump White House plagiarized Iran war manifesto from Israel-aligned think tank

March 21, 2026

Drugs, sexual blackmail: shocking confession letter exposes Israel’s Red Crescent spy ring

March 26, 2026
Iranian drone intercepted over Dubai UAE March 2026 Operation Epic Fury

The Hopper Daily Brief — March 3, 2026 — Iran Escalates Against Gulf Targets

2
Smoke rising over Manama Bahrain near U.S. Fifth Fleet headquarters following Iranian missile strike February 2026

Bahrain’s Shia Majority Threatens the U.S. Navy’s Most Critical Gulf Command Node

2
Oil tankers idle in Persian Gulf and Trump demands Iran unconditional surrender — week of March 1–7, 2026 Hopper Weekly Brief

The Hopper Weekly Brief — Week 10, March 1-7, 2026

2
Kremlin details Putin’s official visit to China

Kremlin details Putin’s official visit to China

May 18, 2026

‘Active shooter’ reported at mosque in San Diego

May 18, 2026
Ban lifted on Russian gymnasts

Ban lifted on Russian gymnasts

May 18, 2026
thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
    • Editorial Standards
    • Methodology & Sources
  • Briefings
    • Weekly
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Middle East & North Africa
    • Russia & Eurasia
  • Themes
    • Energy & Reources
    • Intelligence & Security
    • Economics & Sanctions
    • Foreign Relations & Diplomacy
    • Cyber & Disinformation
  • Video
  • Aggregated
    • RT
    • Opinion
    • News
    • Geopolitics
    • Politics
    • Business
    • World

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.