• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, February 21, 2026
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World
    Trump announces new global tariff after losing in US Supreme Court

    Trump announces new global tariff after losing in US Supreme Court

    US weighs targeting Iranian leaders and ‘regime change’ – Reuters

    US weighs targeting Iranian leaders and ‘regime change’ – Reuters

    Game of Thrones in the Middle East: Dangerous rumors swirl around the UAE president

    Game of Thrones in the Middle East: Dangerous rumors swirl around the UAE president

    Kiev wants to sell billions of dollars worth of weapons – official

    Kiev wants to sell billions of dollars worth of weapons – official

    Iran to present nuclear deal draft to US in days – FM

    Iran to present nuclear deal draft to US in days – FM

    Would-be robber spends night trapped in Milan bank vault – media

    Would-be robber spends night trapped in Milan bank vault – media

    US throws pennies at massive UN debt

    What does Trump plan for Cuba? ‘Discombobulator’ raids and a Castro grandson scion

    What does Trump plan for Cuba? ‘Discombobulator’ raids and a Castro grandson scion

    Hungary blocks EU loan to Ukraine – FT

    EU members divided on 20th Russia sanctions package – media

    EU members divided on 20th Russia sanctions package – media

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

US weighs targeting Iranian leaders and ‘regime change’ – Reuters

by Admin
February 20, 2026
in News, Politics, World
0
US weighs targeting Iranian leaders and ‘regime change’ – Reuters
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: February 20, 2026 10:07 pm
Author: RT

Trump has said that Tehran has up to two weeks to reach an agreement over its nuclear program

The US plans for possible strikes on Iran are at an advanced stage, with options including targeting individual leaders and pursuing regime change, Reuters reported on Friday, citing unnamed American officials.

The plans are being drawn up in case ongoing negotiations on Iran’s nuclear program fail to produce a result, the officials told the agency. Reuters previously reported that the Pentagon was preparing for a sustained, weeks-long operation targeting Iranian security and nuclear sites.

One official said targeted strikes on senior commanders during Israel’s 12-day air war last year against Iran had demonstrated the “utility” of such an approach. The official cautioned that such operations require extensive intelligence to locate targets and assess potential collateral damage.

In June 2025, Israel assassinated dozens of senior Iranian commanders and nuclear scientists, including the army chief of staff and the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

Read more

Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi and his accompanying delegation depart for the site of the bilateral talks in Muscat, Oman, February 6, 2026.
The risk of war with Iran is growing despite talks

US President Donald Trump has repeatedly floated the idea of toppling the Iranian government, saying it “seems like that would be the best thing that could happen.” He warned on Thursday that “really bad things” would happen unless Iran surrenders to demands to scrap its nuclear and ballistic-missile programs.

Tensions continue as the Omani-mediated talks held this week in Geneva produced no breakthrough. On Thursday, Trump gave Iran between 10 and 15 days to reach an agreement.

Washington has deployed two aircraft carrier strike groups and additional bombers to the Middle East. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps has warned it would retaliate against US bases in the region if its territory is attacked.

Tehran maintains its nuclear program is peaceful. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi told MSNBC on Friday that Tehran is working on a draft for a potential new agreement that could be presented to Washington within days. He said a diplomatic solution is the only way forward, while adding that the country is also “prepared for war.”

Moscow has warned that the standoff is “potentially explosive” and that strikes on Iran’s nuclear sites could cause a nuclear disaster, urging all sides to seek a peaceful settlement.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

Game of Thrones in the Middle East: Dangerous rumors swirl around the UAE president

Next Post

Trump announces new global tariff after losing in US Supreme Court

Admin

Admin

Next Post
Trump announces new global tariff after losing in US Supreme Court

Trump announces new global tariff after losing in US Supreme Court

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.