• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Friday, February 20, 2026
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World
    FBI to lower requirements for special agents – Reuters

    FBI to lower requirements for special agents – Reuters

    US wants India to buy Venezuelan oil – envoy

    A gesture no one asked for: Ukraine turns the Paralympics into a political circus

    Epstein estate to pay $35 million to settle sex abuse claims

    Epstein estate to pay $35 million to settle sex abuse claims

    African state cancels US-funded vaccine study

    African state cancels US-funded vaccine study

    Kremlin explains why peace treaty talks with Japan are currently ‘impossible’

    Kremlin explains why peace treaty talks with Japan are currently ‘impossible’

    Man killed preparing terrorist attack in Russian city – FSB (VIDEO)

    The fall of an empire? The Windsor’s royal arrest and its consequences

    The fall of an empire? The Windsor’s royal arrest and its consequences

    Trump launches voter-fraud crackdown – media

    Trump launches voter-fraud crackdown – media

    US advised Ukrainian anti-corruption agents on busting Zelensky ‘allies’

    US advised Ukrainian anti-corruption agents on busting Zelensky ‘allies’

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

UN mission reports ‘genocide’ in African state

by Admin
February 20, 2026
in News, Politics, World
0
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: February 20, 2026 9:30 am
Author: RT

Fighters of the Rapid Support Forces carried out mass killings and violence against non-Arab communities in Al Fashir, according to a new report

Actions by Sudan’s paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) during the siege and capture of North Darfur’s capital, Al Fashir, show “hallmarks of genocide,” an independent UN fact-finding mission said in a report released on Thursday.

The mission reported evidence of coordinated ethnic targeting, mass killings, widespread sexual violence, torture, and conditions of life calculated to bring about the destruction of non-Arab communities, particularly the Zaghawa and Fur, around Al Fashir in late October 2025.

The RSF seized Al Fashir – the last major stronghold of the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) in the region – on October 26 following an 18-month siege that, the report said, “systematically weakened the targeted population through starvation, deprivation, trauma and confinement.”

Survivors described RSF fighters raping women and girls aged between seven and 70, including pregnant women, the investigators said.

“In one case, a 12-year-old girl was raped by three Rapid Support Forces fighters in front of her mother, shortly after her father had been killed while trying to protect her,” they stated.


READ MORE: Mass devastation in Sudanese city after rebel takeover (VIDEO)

An RSF commander identified as Abu Lulu fired seven bullets into the abdomen of a pregnant woman after asking how far along she was in her pregnancy and she replied, “seven months,” two survivors told the mission.

“The scale, coordination, and public endorsement of the operation by senior RSF leadership demonstrate that the crimes committed in and around Al Fasher were not random excesses of war,” Mohamed Chande Othman, chair of the mission, said.

He added that they were part of “a planned and organized operation that bears the defining characteristics of genocide.”

The takeover of Al Fashir followed months of fighting between the RSF and the SAF in the sprawling western region of Darfur, part of a civil war that began in April 2023.

Read more

RT
A land of mass graves and mercenaries – Can this genocide be stopped?

An earlier UN Human Rights Office report said more than 6,000 people were killed in the intense first days of the RSF assault on Al Fashir.

The US has imposed sanctions on three RSF commanders in response to the independent mission’s findings.

“We will not tolerate this ongoing campaign of terror and senseless killing in Sudan,” Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said.

He added that the war risks further destabilizing the region and “creating conditions for terrorist groups to grow and threaten the safety and interests” of the US.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

India joins US-led Pax Silica alliance

Next Post

Trump orders Pentagon to release files on aliens and UFOs

Admin

Admin

Next Post
Trump orders Pentagon to release files on aliens and UFOs

Trump orders Pentagon to release files on aliens and UFOs

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.