• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World
    Putin’s interview on shared China–Russia history and future (FULL TEXT)

    Putin’s interview on shared China–Russia history and future (FULL TEXT)

    Russia and China ‘united in our vision’ – Putin

    Putin and Xi to lay foundations for a new world order in Beijing

    Putin and Xi to lay foundations for a new world order in Beijing

    From jazz to metal: SandlerFest to bring 150 bands to Moscow (VIDEO)

    From jazz to metal: SandlerFest to bring 150 bands to Moscow (VIDEO)

    Rubio hands USAID over for final termination

    How EU elites hijacked this little country’s independence

    How EU elites hijacked this little country’s independence

    The fall of the Citadel: The turning point that crushed Hitler’s ambitions

    The fall of the Citadel: The turning point that crushed Hitler’s ambitions

    German unemployment hits ten-year high

    German unemployment hits ten-year high

    Ukraine takes new step towards banning its largest Christian church

    Ukraine takes new step towards banning its largest Christian church

    EU state pledges to outpace US in NATO military spending

    EU state pledges to outpace US in NATO military spending

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Biden restricts US investments in Chinese tech

by Admin
August 10, 2023
in News, Politics, World
0
Biden restricts US investments in Chinese tech
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: August 10, 2023 5:09 am
Author: RT

Beijing voiced “serious concern” over the new trade policy and warned of countermeasures

President Joe Biden has signed an executive order limiting US investments in Chinese technology companies, labeling the People’s Republic a “country of concern” while claiming it seeks to exploit American business.

The White House announced the move in a statement on Wednesday night, saying the order requires US firms to notify the Treasury Department about certain investments in Chinese tech, while some transactions will be prohibited outright.

“This program will seek to prevent foreign countries of concern from exploiting US investment in this narrow set of technologies that are critical to support their development of military, intelligence, surveillance, and cyber-enabled capabilities that risk US national security,” it said, claiming officials would maintain Washington’s “longstanding commitment to open investment.”

Read more

RT
Russia-China trade booming

The order applies to Chinese companies working with “sensitive technologies,” including artificial intelligence, semiconductors and quantum computing. On the American side, the policy will largely target private equity and venture capital investment firms looking to do business overseas.

China’s Ministry of Commerce later weighed in on the new rules, voicing “serious concern” while stating that it “reserves the right to take measures” in response.

“We hope the US side respects the laws of the market economy and the principle of fair competition, does not artificially obstruct global economic and trade exchanges and cooperation and does not put up obstacles for the recovery and growth of the world economy,” the ministry said.

Biden’s executive order built upon previous export controls on advanced computer chips, and went as far as to declare a national emergency to confront Beijing’s “rapid” technological advancements, claiming they pose an “unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security of the United States.”

The decision comes amid a tit-for-tat trade row between the US and China, with the White House previously taking action against other Chinese firms, including telecom giants Huawei and ZTE Corp. Officials in Beijing have repeatedly denounced US trade and tech policy since Biden took office, with Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin stating that Washington has “politicized, instrumentalized and weaponized tech issues, and sought to thwart other countries’ technological advancement.”


READ MORE: India bans drone parts from China amid security concerns – Reuters

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

Back in the Trenches

Next Post

Indian imports of Russian oil continue to surge – media

Admin

Admin

Next Post

Indian imports of Russian oil continue to surge – media

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.