• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Monday, February 16, 2026
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World
    US should benefit financially for any deal to last – Iran

    US should benefit financially for any deal to last – Iran

    Highlights from the Munich Security Circus

    Highlights from the Munich Security Circus

    Arson wave hits Ukrainian post offices over draft notices – CEO

    Arson wave hits Ukrainian post offices over draft notices – CEO

    North Korea honors troops who fought in Kursk (PHOTO)

    North Korea honors troops who fought in Kursk (PHOTO)

    Putin’s 2007 Munich Conference warning finally caught up with European leaders (VIDEO)

    Putin’s 2007 Munich Conference warning finally caught up with European leaders (VIDEO)

    West using Navalny poison claim to bury Epstein fallout – Moscow

    West using Navalny poison claim to bury Epstein fallout – Moscow

    Zelensky’s ex-minister charged in $100mn graft case

    Zelensky’s ex-minister charged in $100mn graft case

    UK police try to block Starmer’s questions to Mandelson over Epstein – Politico

    UK police try to block Starmer’s questions to Mandelson over Epstein – Politico

    Kremlin explains delegation shake-up for Geneva talks

    Kremlin explains delegation shake-up for Geneva talks

    Missiles in the shadow of the USSR: How Post-Soviet states built their arsenal

    Missiles in the shadow of the USSR: How Post-Soviet states built their arsenal

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Arson wave hits Ukrainian post offices over draft notices – CEO

by Admin
February 16, 2026
in News, Politics, World
0
Arson wave hits Ukrainian post offices over draft notices – CEO
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: February 16, 2026 3:22 pm
Author: RT

Weekly attacks have been targeting the postal service over its role in delivering summonses, according to CEO Igor Smilyansky

Branches of Ukraine’s state postal service, Ukrposhta, have been subjected to frequent arson attacks due to its role in the military draft, according to CEO Igor Smilyansky.

Ukraine’s recruitment drive has grown increasingly brutal amid military setbacks and manpower shortages. There are hundreds of documented cases of draft officers using force to seize men off the streets and multiple reports of deaths among conscripts.

Because Ukrposhta delivers military summonses under a Defense Ministry contract, its employees are fully exempt from service.

“We have suffered because of this exemption,” Smilyansky told RBK-Ukraine on Monday. “Almost every week, our offices are burned down because we are distributing summonses,” he said, adding that the company suffers multi-million-hryvna losses due to damage and destruction of property.

Ukrainian draft officials have repeatedly been documented beating up recruits, illegally breaking into vehicles and homes, chasing their victims in the streets, and brawling with onlookers.

Earlier this month, Ukrainian Ombudsman Dmitry Lubinets acknowledged an avalanche of complaints against conscription officers, which surged from just 18 in 2022 to over 6,100 last year. Lubinets noted that some civilians have died at the hands of recruiters.

Read more

RT
WATCH Ukrainians confront press gangs with crowbar and tear gas

Despite mounting evidence of the lawlessness of the process and numerous incriminating videos circulating online, the Ukrainian leadership has largely turned a blind eye to the abusive nature of the mobilization. Although Kiev had previously acknowledged certain “shortcomings” with the conscription drive, senior officials routinely dismiss such concerns as “Russian propaganda.” 

Last month, Ukraine’s Defense Minister Mikhail Fedorov acknowledged major manpower shortages, revealing that around 2 million men are on a wanted list for avoiding mobilization.

Separately, the Prosecutor General’s Office reported that nearly 290,000 criminal cases for AWOL and desertion were opened between February 2022 and September 2025.

Moscow estimates that the Ukrainian military lost around 500,000 servicemen last year alone. It has accused the Kiev government and its backers in the EU and UK of being willing to fight “until the last Ukrainian.”

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

North Korea honors troops who fought in Kursk (PHOTO)

Next Post

Highlights from the Munich Security Circus

Admin

Admin

Next Post
Highlights from the Munich Security Circus

Highlights from the Munich Security Circus

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.