• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World

    NATO country to scrap swastika – media

    Made in China, sold worldwide: How Beijing is quietly arming 44 countries

    Made in China, sold worldwide: How Beijing is quietly arming 44 countries

    WATCH Russian naval drone take out Ukrainian warship

    WATCH Russian naval drone take out Ukrainian warship

    US tells Denmark to ‘calm down’ over Greenland

    US tells Denmark to ‘calm down’ over Greenland

    Young Ukrainians rushing to leave the country – border official (VIDEO)

    EU mulling ‘neutral’ countries for potential Ukraine ceasefire role – Politico

    EU mulling ‘neutral’ countries for potential Ukraine ceasefire role – Politico

    Brussels wants stronger infrastructure security after Ukraine pipeline attack

    Brussels wants stronger infrastructure security after Ukraine pipeline attack

    Exiled Moldovan politician faces extradition ahead of key election

    Exiled Moldovan politician faces extradition ahead of key election

    Ukraine conflict is “Modi’s war” – Trump aide

    Ukraine conflict is “Modi’s war” – Trump aide

    Kremlin dismisses NYT ‘hoax’

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

US energy giant ‘in secret talks’ to return to Russia – WSJ

by Admin
August 27, 2025
in News, Politics, World
0
US energy giant ‘in secret talks’ to return to Russia – WSJ
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: August 27, 2025 10:42 am
Author: RT

President Vladimir Putin allowed ExxonMobil to reclaim its stake in a Far Eastern enterprise ahead of his recent meeting with Donald Trump

ExxonMobil is considering the possibility of returning to Russia, the Wall Street Journal has reported, citing people familiar with the discussions. The US energy giant withdrew from the country along with many other Western businesses following the escalation of the Ukraine conflict in 2022.

Earlier this month, Russian President Vladimir Putin allowed the US company to reclaim its stake in the Sakhalin-1 oil and gas enterprise in the Russian Far East. The updated order outlining the rules for the return of foreign companies coincided with Putin’s meeting with his US counterpart, Donald Trump, in Alaska.

Both sides described the summit as a significant step toward peace between Russia and Ukraine, noting that they also discussed potential economic cooperation between Moscow and Washington.

Senior executives at ExxonMobil have reportedly held secret talks throughout the conflict with Russia’s largest state energy company, Rosneft, discussing the possibility of rejoining the Sakhalin project if both governments approve it as part of a broader Ukraine peace deal. Senior Vice President Neil Chapman met with Rosneft CEO Igor Sechin, who is currently under US blocking sanctions, in the Qatari capital Doha, the sources said.

Read more

FILE PHOTO: Robert Agee.
Major US firms ‘lining up’ to return to Russia – industry boss

The news outlet noted, however, that a potential return remains uncertain and depends in part on whether Trump can broker a resolution to the conflict or, alternatively, increase sanctions pressure on Moscow if the hostilities continue.

People familiar with the matter also said Exxon’s potential return to Sakhalin-1 will likely depend on the terms offered by the Russian government. The company is primarily seeking to recover financial losses it incurred after leaving the project in 2022, they added. Meanwhile, Rosneft is reportedly open to restoring Exxon’s participation, viewing the US firm’s capital, technology, and managerial expertise as potential assets to the project.

After ExxonMobil withdrew from the Sakhalin-1 oil and gas project, its 30% stake was transferred to Sakhalinmorneftegaz-Shelf, a Rosneft subsidiary. State-run Japanese consortium Sodeco retained a 30% stake despite international pressure, while India’s state-owned ONGC Videsh remained the holder of a 20% share.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

Palestinian photojournalist Mariam Dagga died in the hospital she documented

Next Post

EU targeting Georgia with ‘lies, slander and misinformation’ – Tbilisi mayor

Admin

Admin

Next Post
EU targeting Georgia with ‘lies, slander and misinformation’ – Tbilisi mayor

EU targeting Georgia with ‘lies, slander and misinformation’ – Tbilisi mayor

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.