• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World
    Putin’s interview on shared China–Russia history and future (FULL TEXT)

    Putin’s interview on shared China–Russia history and future (FULL TEXT)

    Russia and China ‘united in our vision’ – Putin

    Putin and Xi to lay foundations for a new world order in Beijing

    Putin and Xi to lay foundations for a new world order in Beijing

    From jazz to metal: SandlerFest to bring 150 bands to Moscow (VIDEO)

    From jazz to metal: SandlerFest to bring 150 bands to Moscow (VIDEO)

    Rubio hands USAID over for final termination

    How EU elites hijacked this little country’s independence

    How EU elites hijacked this little country’s independence

    The fall of the Citadel: The turning point that crushed Hitler’s ambitions

    The fall of the Citadel: The turning point that crushed Hitler’s ambitions

    German unemployment hits ten-year high

    German unemployment hits ten-year high

    Ukraine takes new step towards banning its largest Christian church

    Ukraine takes new step towards banning its largest Christian church

    EU state pledges to outpace US in NATO military spending

    EU state pledges to outpace US in NATO military spending

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Brazil’s Lula accuses NATO of fueling arms race

by Admin
July 7, 2025
in News, Politics, World
0
Brazil’s Lula accuses NATO of fueling arms race
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: July 7, 2025 6:03 pm
Author: RT

The military bloc’s push for higher defense spending encourages more wars, the Brazilian president has said

NATO is fueling a global arms race by pushing for massive increases in military spending, Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has said. The US-led military bloc endorsed a plan last month to raise its defense spending target from 2% to 5% of GDP.

Speaking on Sunday at the opening of the BRICS summit in Rio de Janeiro, Lula said the world is experiencing a record number of armed conflicts since World War II and warned that NATO’s policies are exacerbating the situation.

“NATO’s recent decision [to raise military spending to 5% of GDP] is fueling an arms race,” Lula said. “It has become much easier to invest in maintaining wars than to invest in achieving peace,” the Brazilian leader said, referring to previous Western promises to provide 0.7% of GDP to aid developing countries.

While not yet formalized, the NATO proposal has been backed by Secretary-General Mark Rutte and several member states, including the US and Poland. A number of Western leaders have justified the spending increase as a response to what they claim is a growing threat from Russia.

Read more

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.
West using ‘Russia threat’ to distract from own failures – Lavrov

Moscow has consistently denied any intention to attack NATO states and dismissed such warnings as baseless fearmongering aimed at justifying militarization and distracting from domestic problems.

In an interview published on Monday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov reiterated that NATO’s expansion toward Russia’s borders and efforts to integrate Ukraine into the alliance constitute a direct threat to Russian security. He said these moves left Moscow with no choice but to launch its military operation against Kiev in 2022.

Lavrov also accused NATO of transforming itself into an offensive bloc, pointing to its past interventions in Yugoslavia, Iraq, and Libya. He claimed that NATO’s militarization and demonization of Russia are being used to deflect attention from inflation, migration, and other domestic problems in the West.

The minister has also warned that NATO’s proposed spending increase could end up being “catastrophic” and lead to the bloc’s collapse. Moscow, meanwhile, intends to reduce its military spending in the coming years – a process that will be guided by “common sense, not made-up threats like NATO member states,” Lavrov said.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

NATO is Shocked: S-500 PROMETHEUS Shot down 15 British Storm Shadow Missiles over the Crimean Bridge

Next Post

US food poverty doubles in 4 years – Axios

Admin

Admin

Next Post
US food poverty doubles in 4 years – Axios

US food poverty doubles in 4 years – Axios

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.