• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, August 31, 2025
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World
    Putin’s interview on shared China–Russia history and future (FULL TEXT)

    Putin’s interview on shared China–Russia history and future (FULL TEXT)

    Russia and China ‘united in our vision’ – Putin

    Putin and Xi to lay foundations for a new world order in Beijing

    Putin and Xi to lay foundations for a new world order in Beijing

    From jazz to metal: SandlerFest to bring 150 bands to Moscow (VIDEO)

    From jazz to metal: SandlerFest to bring 150 bands to Moscow (VIDEO)

    Rubio hands USAID over for final termination

    How EU elites hijacked this little country’s independence

    How EU elites hijacked this little country’s independence

    The fall of the Citadel: The turning point that crushed Hitler’s ambitions

    The fall of the Citadel: The turning point that crushed Hitler’s ambitions

    German unemployment hits ten-year high

    German unemployment hits ten-year high

    Ukraine takes new step towards banning its largest Christian church

    Ukraine takes new step towards banning its largest Christian church

    EU state pledges to outpace US in NATO military spending

    EU state pledges to outpace US in NATO military spending

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Belarus shows NATO member proof about helicopter ‘incident’

by Admin
August 2, 2023
in News, Politics, World
0
Belarus shows NATO member proof about helicopter ‘incident’
27
SHARES
108
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: August 2, 2023 7:57 pm
Author: RT

Data provided by Minsk indicates that its aircraft never crossed into Polish airspace

Detailed information provided to Poland clearly shows that two Belarusian military helicopters never ventured across the border, the defense ministry in Minsk said on Wednesday. 

Minsk “prepared and presented to the Polish side detailed data on objective control of aircraft flights” of both Belarus and Poland on August 1, the ministry said in a statement. “The data of objective control confirm the absence of any grounds for accusation of violation of the state border.”

According to the Belarusian Defense Ministry, the Mi-24 and Mi-8 helicopters “flew at an altitude of 150-200 meters, and their flight path did not come closer than 1,900 meters” to the border. Earlier on the same day, a Polish Mi-2 helicopter came within 200 meters of the border with Belarus, the ministry said, offering as evidence monitoring data from radar stations.

Belarusian pilots were in constant communication with the Polish Air Force during their flights, and received no complaints at the time, the ministry added, noting that any provocations in circumstances where both sides can “unambiguously monitor the movement of aircraft” would be “clearly illogical.”

Read more

FILE PHOTO
Russian ally denies claim it violated NATO borders

On Tuesday afternoon, the Polish government summoned the Belarusian charge d’affaires in Warsaw to express a “strong protest” and demand that he “immediately and in detail explain” the incident. 

Minsk responded that “no violation of [Polish] airspace” had taken place, and that without evidence, the claim that it had should be considered “the equivalent of a grandmother’s tale.”

The Polish military had initially reported the helicopters had not crossed the border, but later said otherwise. Warsaw said that radar data was not available because the aircraft were flying “at a very low altitude.”

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has not reached out to his Polish counterpart about the incident, State Department spokesman Matthew Miller said on Tuesday. Washington is in “constant communication” with Warsaw, which has made no move to invoke NATO’s mutual defense mechanism yet, he added.

“There is a process that is in place for NATO countries to invoke Article 5; we are not at that stage at this point,” Miller said. 

Poland has recently announced an increase in the size of its military, from 170,000 to 300,000, citing the presence of Russian fighters from the Wagner Group in Belarus, where some of them relocated after the failed mutiny at the end of June. Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki claimed on Saturday that the arrival of “more than a hundred” Wagnerites near the border was “undoubtedly a step towards an upcoming hybrid attack on Polish territory.” 

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko replied that Poland had “gone mad” over rumors about Wagner, insisting that there was no threat.

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

Trudeau and wife announce separation

Next Post

Ukraine giving up on Western battle tactics – NYT

Admin

Admin

Next Post
Ukraine giving up on Western battle tactics – NYT

Ukraine giving up on Western battle tactics – NYT

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Video
    • Discussion
  • Geopolitics
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.