• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
  • Register
thehopper.news
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News
    • All
    • Politics
    • World
    UK gov response to Israeli football fan ban ‘inflamed tensions’ – report

    UK gov response to Israeli football fan ban ‘inflamed tensions’ – report

    ‘People, scale, infectious optimism’: Here’s why India could be the new kid on the AI block

    ‘People, scale, infectious optimism’: Here’s why India could be the new kid on the AI block

    UK trace found in assassination attempt on Russian general – FSB chief

    UK trace found in assassination attempt on Russian general – FSB chief

    US Secret Service kills armed man at Trump’s estate

    Spain’s top court rejects father’s bid to block daughter’s euthanasia

    Spain’s top court rejects father’s bid to block daughter’s euthanasia

    France hands back stolen colonial-era artifact to West African country

    France hands back stolen colonial-era artifact to West African country

    France declares war on meat

    France declares war on meat

    Thousands march in Lyon in tribute to murdered right-wing activist (VIDEOS)

    UK mulls removing ex-Prince Andrew from royal succession – media

    UK mulls removing ex-Prince Andrew from royal succession – media

    Spain’s Sagrada Familia reaches maximum height (VIDEO)

No Result
View All Result
thehopper.news
No Result
View All Result
Home News

US responds to Russia’s Black Sea alert

by Admin
July 19, 2023
in News, Politics, World
0
US responds to Russia’s Black Sea alert
27
SHARES
109
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Published: July 19, 2023 9:03 pm
Author: RT

Moscow earlier warned that all ships in the Black Sea headed for Ukrainian ports would be treated as military

The US has no plans to assist ships in entering Ukrainian ports, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre confirmed on Wednesday, responding to a reporter’s question about the Russian Ministry of Defense’s warning that all ships headed for Ukrainian ports in the Black Sea would be considered military targets.

Washington will “continue to support Ukraine’s effort to get Ukrainian grain to the markets,” Jean-Pierre said, mentioning a $250 million aid package along with seeds, fertilizer, and help with crop storage and processing.

However, when asked how the US planned to “shore up [Ukraine’s] naval capabilities,” she offered only a vague pledge to “make sure they have what they need to defend themselves.”

Read more

FILE PHOTO.
Russian military issues maritime warning for Black Sea

Port and harbor security equipment was included in the $1.3 billion military aid package announced by the Pentagon on Wednesday. Ukraine will also receive National Advanced Surface to Air Missile Systems, Phoenix Ghost and Switchblade drones, additional artillery rounds and mine clearing equipment, counter-drone and electronic warfare detection equipment, and precision aerial munitions in the latest package, which brings the total amount of military aid supplied by the US since Russia’s military operation began in 2022 to $42.6 billion. 

Jean-Pierre’s comments confirmed those of National Security Council spokesman John Kirby, who earlier this week ruled out using US military assets to protect shipments of grain in and out of Ukrainian ports. Instead, the US will “work with other countries” to ensure the grain gets where it needs to go, he said. 

Russia withdrew from the Black Sea Grain Initiative on Monday, complaining the US had failed to keep its promises to lift some of the restrictions imposed in the wake of its military operation in Ukraine, including reconnecting its banks to SWIFT, opening an ammonia pipeline to Italy, permitting the import of agricultural machinery and parts, and unblocking transportation insurance and other logistics. 

The Kremlin also condemned what it described as a “terror attack” by Ukrainian drones targeting the Crimean bridge, which killed a couple in their vehicle and severely injured their child, but denied it was a factor in the decision to exit the grain deal. 

Going forward, all ships traveling to Ukrainian ports “will be considered potential carriers of military cargo,” and the flags of such ships will be seen to be “taking part in the Ukrainian conflict on the side of the Kiev regime,” Russia’s Defense Ministry warned on Wednesday. 

Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky on Tuesday called on the UN and Türkiye to revive the grain deal without Russia, insisting “everything must be done so we can use this Black Sea corridor.”

Full Article

Tags: Russia Today
Share11Tweet7
Previous Post

EU hints at slavery reparations

Next Post

Major blast rocks South Africa’s largest city

Admin

Admin

Next Post
Major blast rocks South Africa’s largest city

Major blast rocks South Africa’s largest city

thehopper.news

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Home
    • About
  • Analysis
  • Regions
    • Discussion
    • Africa
    • Asia-Pacific
    • Europe & NATO
    • Americas
    • Russia & Eurasia
    • Middle East & North Africa
  • Themes
  • Intel & Security
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Geopolitics
  • News

Copyright © 2023 The Hopper New

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.